About the episode:
In this episode of the Thrivalist Manifesto, Ben V and DrG interview MIT educated Rocket Scientist (slash) record breaking Olympic weightlifter. Gwen is an accomplished author, entrepreneur, coach, wife and mother.
Gwen gives us insight on what it is to be a female athlete in a sport dominated by men for 1,000’s of years. Gwen is an aeronautical engineer who pioneered the sport of Olympic weight lifting for women.
Here are some of the highlights from our interview with Gwen Sisto.
- How does a background in math and physics contribute to a training edge.
- Can lifting weights impact my long term brain health
- What can we learn about training from the old Soviet Union
- How did the cold war cause a divergence of sports science between the West and the East with effects still seen today. It’s amazing how things don’t change.
- Why does Gwen have a minimalist approach to training.
- Who knew there were new Innovations in one of the world’s oldest sports.
- Where is growth in weight lifting coming from. Seniors? children?
- Does weightlifting contribute to a better sympathetic nervous system.
- Anti-aging effects of weight lifting.
- Sexism in fitness and what role can weightlifting play
- Love hate relationship between weightlifting and crossfit.
- Auxiliary exercises to supplement weight lifting technique
- Would you weight lift during all 3 trimesters of your pregnancy
If you’d like to comment on the podcast, you can leave a review on Apple Podcasts. Not only do we read every review, but positive reviews helps our message of “thriving” to reach more people.
Questions? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.